For years, we have master the art of mask making. It was a process of trial and error at
the start for VITO PRINTS , but later it has become our second skin.Today, Vito Masks is producing thousands of masks every month; from wall masks, table tops, masks on frames, wearable masks, miniature, magnets, key holders and many more.
1. Draw your desired design.
2. make a block of plaster of paris by mixing it with water, pour in the mold. Let it dry.
2. Curve your design into the block of plaster.The curved mask is now your mother mold.
3. Rub wax into your mother mold so that it will release the fiber glass easily later on.
4. Cover the mother mold with fiber mat and resin, let it dry. This is now your production mold.
5. To make your first product, rub wax into your production mold.
6. Put fiber mat into your production mold. Make sure you have covered the edges.
7. Using your brush start pouring and spreading your resin. Let it dry.
8. When totally dried, release the product from your mold,
9. Cut the excess fiber using your knife.
10. Smoothen the edges and the surface using your sand paper.Repeat the process until the desired result is achieved.
11. When the carcass is ready, you may now paint your mask to your desired design.Let it dry.
12. When totally dried you can start adding accessories to your mask using beads,feathers,etc.
See VITO’s latest mask design at the 26th Negros Trade Fair on September 28-October 2, 2011 at Rockwell tent Makati City.