* 1 1/2 cups malagkit dough (galapong)
* 1/2 cup rice galapong
* 2 1/2 cups white sugar
* 3 cups cooked ubi (mashed)
* grated coconut
* 4 cups thick coconut cream (from 2-3 coconuts)
* 2 cans (big) condensed milk
* food coloring; violet & egg-yellow
*Blend all ingredients except mashed ubi and food coloring.
Divide Into 3 Parts:
* To one part – add mashed ubi. To heighten the color of the ubi, add a dash of violet food coloring. Mix well.
* To 2nd part – add egg-yellow coloring. Mix well.
* To 3rd part – just plain white, nothing to add.
* Grease a round baking pan. Line with banana leaves and grease the leaves. Then, pour in ubi mixture. Spread evenly. Steam for 30 minutes or more, until firm. Note: cover the baking pan with cheese cloth before steaming.
* Pour 2nd layer on top of the cooked ubi. Cover again and steam for 30 minutes.
* Lastly, pour in 3rd layer or the plain mixture. Again, steam for 30 minutes or until firm.
* Meanwhile, fry the grated coconut until brown and put on top of the sapin-sapin.
* Cool before slicing.