Meat: 1kg. Pork pigue or kasim, with or without skin. Boneless, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- salt – 2 tbsp.
- sugar – 5-8 tbsp.
- rhum or gin – 1 tbsp.
- prague powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp.
- vetsin (optional) – 1 tsp.
- ascorbic acid (250 mg) – 1/2 Tablet
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- weighing scale
- chopping board
- Slice meat to about 0.63 cm (1/4 inch) thick.
- Mix all above ingredients for curing.
- Rub the mixture on both sides of the slices and re-mix all to allow even distribution of curing mixture.
- Arrange the pieces in a bowl and cover.
- Keep at room temperature for 12 hours or in the refrigerator for 3 days to cure (the slices may be dried under the sun after curing to prolong shelf life).
- Polyethylene bags: Size – 6″ x 12″ ; Thickness – 0.003
- Styrofoam, rectangular in shape with cling on top
Please follow and like us: