THE BASICS OF SUPERVISION | SUPERVISORY TRAINING
Supervisors role are vital in all organizations. They perform many functions which help organization in achieving productivity. His primary job is to manage the workers at operative level of management.
Effective supervisors are necessary for all settings where employees need guidance and supervision to complete tasks, serve customers and meet deadlines. A skilled supervisor is an effective communicator, problem-solver, and employee motivator. He draws out the potential of workers requires insights into their strengths and developmental needs.
SUPER-VISION, a training program of INTRASPEC MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY designed to achieve the above-stated competencies.
Paradigm Shift ( Changing the Mind-Set)
The Role of the Supervisor
• The Role of the Supervisor – regarding the Company, the Team, each Team Member, performance, and results
• The move from Team member to Supervisor
• My role in ensuring my Team achieves Team goals
• Ensuring the Team continuously improves
• Managing the whole role – time management & effective goal setting
• Leadership ‘Presence’ – looking like the Leader
• The Influence of Supervisor Behaviour – on the Team, on each Team Member
• The focus of the effective Supervisor
Communicating and Coaching Effectively
• Positive, motivating Supervisor language & behaviors
• Assertive Leader Behaviour vs Aggressive, Submissive or Passive Aggressive
• Listening & building mutual respect with others
• Directive Behaviour – Setting out expectations using positive language
• Coaching Behaviour – prompting questions to encourage behavior
• The power of feedback, positive encouraging, corrective feedback
• Tools to give feedback
• Planning my behavior to achieve the right outcome – useful planning tool
• Inspiring the Team to achieve their goals
Motivating the Team & Team Members
• What motivates, what de-motivates?
• Using Goals & Metrics to motivate – rather than de-motivating
• Setting Team Goals – planning improvement steps
• Using small Recognition rewards – to reinforce positive behavior & increase quantity & quality of performance
• Using motivating behaviors & tools effectively
The Mindset of a Leader:
• Transitioning from team member to team manager (role conflict)
• Dealing with former peers
• The characteristics of an effective leader
• The responsibilities of a manager
• ‘Thinking like a manager’
Working with each Team Member
• Bonding with each Team Member – winning respect & buy-in
• What is my ‘ideal’ Team Member – what am I building?
• Setting improvement goals
• Working one-to-one – planning & role-playing one-to-one discussions
• Handling difficult situations & challenging people (handling conflicts)w/ role play
INTRASPEC Management Consultancy is a training firm based in Bacolod City, Negros occidental, Philippines.Our Customized Training Program is geared to train your workforce to exhibit the productive and innovative culture to ensure that you and your team are primed to meet the unique threats and challenges your organization faces.With our 20 years of training experience, INTRASPEC PROGRAMS are designed differently and unique to your organization and your particular challenges. It is carefully crafted by our faculty team to meet your objectives and is designed to transform the thinking and behavior of participants to accelerate and drive effective change.
For your Training Needs you may contact: jovito_ email@example.com; mobile 0922-8516729.