2ND OURFood NATIONAL FOOD SAFETY CONFERENCE | BACOLOD CITY
The conference with the theme, “Food Safety: A Shared Responsibility” will be hosted by The Association of Negros Producers – Foundation for Enterprise Development, Inc. (AFEDI).It aimed at bringing together food producers and manufacturers, food technologists, restaurant owners, and other key players in the food industry to discuss relevant issues and learned new trends in the food business.
Specifically, the conference intends to:
• To promote and advocate food safety and standard compliance in agriculture and food processing;
• To raise awareness on food safety for consumers and provide technical updates to practitioners;
• To provide updates on the importance of compliance to Food Safety standards in relation to growth areas and market opportunities in the food industry and agriculture;
• To promote interaction between the academe, government officials, businessmen, business membership organizations, partners, and local agencies to learn from each other of their experiences and best practices to solve critical issues relevant to enhancing food MSMEs and agripreneur businesses;
to promote food companies and agripreneurs’ products.
• To propose concrete actions responding to the challenges and opportunities related to food safety in the value chain.
Surveys show that local food enterprises need to be equipped with the right approach and the tools to become sustainable and competitive, and the first step is to ensure food safety, according to the AFOS Foundation.
The 2-day conference will feature learning sessions and activities which will be handled by the top industry experts from local and abroad as follows:
o Food Safety, Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control
Points (HACCP) and Food Safety Management Systems
o Food Safety Challenges in the Food Service Industry
o Emerging Risks in Food Safety
o Future Trends in Food Safety
o Food Safety Management System in Agricultural Products
o Models in Private-public Partnerships
o Singaporean Approach to Food Safety Regulations
Furthermore, the conference will also put up an exhibit which will showcase trends, products, and services of MSMEs related to food and agriculture and DOST beneficiaries, as well as other government agencies.
In 2016, the first National Food Safety Conference was held in Cebu City and gathered more than 500 participants.
The Food Safety Conference is open to all.
For more information on the Food Safety Conference, please contact email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.